Alicia completed her undergraduate education at the University of Delaware and received her Doctor of Physical Therapy degree from Columbia University. She has been with Finish Line PT since 2015. She is currently working towards a certification from the Postural Restoration Institute, which seeks to understand the primary contributors of postural kinetic and kinematic movement dysfunction. She is recognized as a Fellow of Applied Functional Science (FAFS) through the internationally acclaimed Gray Institute.
The youngest of four with three older brothers, Alicia was a ballet dancer throughout high school. Her interest in becoming a physical therapist stemmed from her own injuries while dancing. “I really liked the idea of treating people without medication or surgery, and the opportunity to build relationships with people appealed to me.” In college, she taught yoga and was a part of a modern dance company at Delaware.
Alicia crossed the finish line of her first half-marathon in July 2016.
- Professional Certifications
- Fellow of Applied Functional Science from the Gray Institute
- Functional Soft Tissue Transformation Certified
- The Skinny
- Hometown: Sandyston, NJ
- College: University of Delaware
- My team: New York Giants
- Favorite music to listen to at work: Classic rock or 90s dance party
- Best way to stay active: Variety is the spice of life. I love staying active in a variety of ways from running to yoga, spinning to ballet.
- How to pronounce her last name: Fairy-air
- What I Like:
- About working at FLPT: I love the atmosphere and feel at home when walking in the door. The drive to learn and become a better therapist is contagious. It’s inspiring to work with people who truly love what they do.
- About FLPT patients: Motivation! It’s easy to help patients who are passionate about their health and motivated to get better.
- About running/sports: Being active has been the best de-stressor during tough times and has been something I rely on regularly. I love that running allows me to get outside, explore new areas and help me tune in to myself.