Carly earned both her undergrad and Doctorate of Physical Therapy degrees from Ithaca College where she also ran track & cross country and played volleyball. She joined the Finish Line PT staff in 2016 and has completed a Certification in Applied Functional Science (CAFS) from the internationally acclaimed Gray Institute.
In addition to competing in three sports in college, Carly served as the assistant coach for the Ithaca Cross Country and Track and Field teams during her sixth year of school. It was an enlightening experience; “After being an athlete on the team, I really enjoyed seeing the other side — how to put together a training program versus just following one, how to help motivate athletes to set and achieve their goals. These are all really important skills that I’ve been able to apply as a physical therapist in working with patients.”
Carly isn’t new to the Finish Line PT community; as a student, she completed her fourth clinical education at FLPT under the tutelage of Jason Lakritz. Having mostly run shorter distances in the past, she is looking ahead to longer races in the future. She has completed four half-marathons.
- Professional Certifications
- Certification in Applied Functional Science from the Gray Institute
- The Skinny
- Hometown: Syracuse, NY
- College: Ithaca College
- My teams: Syracuse Basketball
- Favorite music to listen to at work: 90s pop radio
- Best way to stay active: Running, strength training at the gym, volleyball when I have time
- What I Like:
- About working at FLPT: I appreciate the teamwork and motivation of the staff, and the energetic & fun environment that makes going to work enjoyable.
- About FLPT patients: I admire our patients’ motivation and drive to get better at what they do, and the dedication they show makes me want to help them even more.
- About running/sports: That feeling of satisfaction after you’ve completed an event or a workout. It makes me want to push myself harder and become better at it.