Lily attended Villanova University for her undergraduate studies and graduated with honors with a Doctor of Physical Therapy degree from Columbia University. She also earned a master’s in Human Nutrition from Columbia in order to better understand the influence of nutrition on musculoskeletal healing. She has been with Finish Line PT since 2016.
With a passion for sports and orthopaedics, Lily combined the two in completing a clinical rotation at EXOS, a high performance center where she worked with elite and professional athletes. Her doctoral research was on the natural history of frozen shoulder; one paper was officially published in the journal Physiotherapy in 2016.
Lily has been a tennis player and a runner since age 9, competing on both the tennis and track teams in high school. She still runs every day and is a fan of the 5K and 10K distances, although she completed her first half marathon in 2016.
- Professional Certifications
- Master’s Degree in Human Nutrition from Columbia University
- Certification in Applied Functional Science from the Gray Institute
- EXOS Performance Specialist Certification
- The Skinny
- Hometown: Chatham, NJ
- College: Villanova University
- My teams: Villanova Basketball, Yankees, Roger Federer
- Favorite music to listen to at work: 80s – when you put it on, everyone gets into it!
- Best way to stay active: Running! You get a double bonus because it’s great for you both physically and mentally. Central Park is one of my favorite places in the world.
- What I Like:
- About working at FLPT: Everyone at Finish Line has been incredibly welcoming and gone out of their way to make me feel comfortable. I love the emphasis on the patient experience; the PTs here truly strive to deliver the best possible care. I feel lucky to be part of such a supportive and passionate community!
- About FLPT patients: FLPT patients are excited about PT and motivated to get better. This makes the rehab process fun! I also love working with New Yorkers. I am constantly inspired by the accomplishments and passions of the people of this great city.
- About running: At the age of 9, I started joining my mom on her runs. Ever since then, I’ve been hooked. Running clears my head in a way that nothing else can. I can run anywhere; I don’t need any special equipment or gear. I always make sure to have sneakers on hand for when I need a mental fix.