Sara is the gal behind the scenes, handling all of the marketing and communications initiatives, social media, newsletter and patient outreach. She graduated from the massage therapy program at the Swedish Institute and also works as a licensed massage therapist at Finish Line. She has been with Finish Line since 2012.
Sara is the advocate for the patients, making sure each and every person who comes to our clinic receives five-star service and the best treatment possible. She is the team captain for Team Finish Line, spearheading all team fundraising initiatives for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
Sara was first exposed to the Finish Line community as a patient back when it was just Michael and Andre operating out of the basement of the gym in midtown Manhattan. Previously, Sara worked as the media relations manager for New York Road Runners and USA Swimming. She has done freelance PR and media operations for Olympic Broadcast Services at four Olympic Games, the adidas Grand Prix and Millrose Games track & field meets and Runner’s World magazine. Sara is an avid runner, having completed four marathons (NYC and London are her favorites) and too many half-marathons to keep track. She is a member of the Empire Triathlon Club and completed her first triathlon in August 2014.
- Professional Certifications
- Licensed Massage Therapist
- Functional Soft Tissue Transformation Certified
- Trigger Point Therapy and TPT SmartCore Certified
- The Skinny
- Hometown: Wichita, KS
- College: University of Missouri-Columbia and the Swedish Institute
- My teams: Can the Olympics be a team? (I love the Olympics) Really I’m just a big sports fan. I always cheer for Mizzou.
- Favorite music to listen to at work: Indie station (or whatever the one is that plays Mumford & Sons and the Lumineers)
- What I Like:
- About working at FLPT: Finish Line is more than just a PT clinic; it’s a community. It doesn’t feel like work when you believe in the philosophy, really enjoy what you’re doing and have great coworkers.
- About FLPT patients: They’re hardcore! And dedicated, fun, motivated people. I also love that so many of our patients run races and raise money for charity.
- About running/sports: I feel most alive when I’m running. Nothing else helps me clear my mind like a good run outside in the morning. Plus Prospect Park is like a little piece of heaven in the city.