Posted in Blog.
How Does FLPT’s Infrared Sauna Help You Recover?
I N F R A R E D S A U N A
What is it?
The infrared sauna reaches temperatures between 115 to 145-degrees Fahrenheit to heat the body at its core. This allows muscles to enter a state of relaxation, the much sought after *parasympathetic state many of us New Yorkers struggle to achieve. Heat + a state of relaxation results in increased blood flow that removes metabolic waste from the body while delivering oxygen-rich blood to depleted muscles for faster recovery.
*Sympathetic = fight-or-flight state (inability for the body to put energy into healing)
*Parasympathetic = rest & digest state (where true recovery can occur)
How does it work and what are the benefits?
- HEAT → high temperatures directly warm the body leading putting you in a parasympathetic state, allowing your body to fully relax and promote cell repair and tissue healing. Because the infrared sauna does not need to get as hot as a regular sauna (infrared heat is naturally absorbed by the body and raises your internal temperature) the experience is more comfortable and relaxing.
- RESONANT FREQUENCY → infrared rays carry into the body causing a vibration in the cells that allows cellular toxins to be released from the cells so they can be eliminated through blood flow and sweating
- INCREASED CIRCULATION → heating the body evenly results in vasodilation or increased blood flow that:
- Allows for the removal of toxins from the blood/purification
- Clears out lactic acid
- Alleviates muscle tension
- Elevates one’s ability to detoxify
- Increases lymphatic circulation
- Reduce swelling around injuries
- Improves sleep and reduces stress