Posted in Blog.
August 13th, 2020
Hydration Series Take-Aways
What can you do to stay hydrated during the summer heat?
These are the 3 easiest tips to achieve and maintain optimal hydration:
1. Drink with the goal of optimal/maximum absorption in mind:
- Drink 8-16 oz of water + sea salt and lemon upon waking up. Think of this as a “pre-day” gut soak
- Drink 6-8oz of water before every meal
2. Eat your water
- Foods with high water content can be more effective in hydration due to the “gel water”.
- Examples are green/plant-rich smoothies, chia seeds, cucumbers, lemons, coconut water, pomegranate juice, and many, many more!
- Any variation of movement can help deliver more water to your tissues, allowing everything to slide and glide better.
Check out all the blogs in our Hydration Series by Samantha Jacobsen, PT, DPT:
For more information on how to achieve optimal hydration, check out “QUENCH” by Dana Cohen, MD