- This event has passed.
Functional Golf System | Workshop for Golf Trainers, CSCS, PT’s & Other Healthcare Professionals
March 9, 2019 @ 8:00 am - March 10, 2019 @ 5:00 pm
MARCH 9TH – MARCH 10TH
The Gray Institute Functional Golf System
is designed to leverage your ability to appreciate movement, build on your existing skill sets, and make you the most important resource for their enjoyment of golf.
By attending the Gray Institute of Functional Golf System you will:
- LEARN strategies for creating customized programs using biomechanics, golf swing and the truths of human movement applicable to rehabilitation, conditioning, performance enhancement for beginners and skilled players
- EXPERIENCE live instruction complemented by mobile device app displaying movement videos, movement labs and how to leverage the movement phases for your golfers individual needs
- IMMEDIATELY be able to appreciate your golfer’s movement abilities, customize a training program based on your observations and their individual goals for improvement, deliver customized videos directly to their mobile devices.
DAVID TIBERIO PH.D., PT
• Dean – Gray Institute
• Professor Emeritus University of Connecticut
• Co-developer with Gary Gray of Nike Golf NG 360 Golf Performance System
• 2007 Kendall Award for Enduring Contributions to Physical Therapy
JONATHAN MOORE FAFS
• Director – Gray Institute Golf
• Strength Coach – 2018 National Champions Oklahoma State University Golf • Gray Institute Fellow of Applied Function Science
• Featured in DRIVEN Television Series
• PGA Professional Golfer
• 2006 NCAA Individual and Team Champion
MARCH 9TH – MARCH 10TH
The Functional Golf System is built on the foundation of our 3D Movement Analysis and Performance System (3DMAPS). All movements are specific training exercises for the sport of golf. There are over 240 movements in the system but they are organized in a small number of logical sequences.
The training movements are complemented by a mobile device application that allows for customization. Sequenced programs, organized in progressive phases can be selected for training the full swing, warm-up, recovery, and endurance. Customization is created through the ability to choose movement progressions based on swing position (address, backswing, impact, or follow-through). Phased progressions can also be selected based on global goals (mobility, balance, strength, and power). The App allows for easy access when working with your golfer, and simplified delivery to your golfers of the videos for the specific phase they are working on.
For those that are NG 360 Golf Performance Specialists:
* The movements in the Functional Golf System are built on the Principles and Strategies that guided the formation of 3DMAPS. The movements for training the body to make the golf swing are different from those in the NG360 system.
* One of the driving forces behind the Functional Golf System is to provide a series of phased sequences that can be selected and customized to simplify the process. The phased sequences have been successfully implemented in the training programs of collegiate golfers over the past 18 months.
* The new enhanced capabilities of the Gray Institute mobile device application gives you access to more than 240 movement videos. The exercises have been strategically organized around Swing Goals, Swing Positions, and Phases that take into consideration your clients’ abilities. Your selection/customization of videos can be sent directly to their mobile device.