- This event has passed.
Improve Your Triathlon Fueling with Dr. Krista Austin
May 29, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Come learn from the impressive Dr. Krista Austin, who has worked with hundreds of Olympians (including Meb Keflezghi, Dathan Ritzenhein, Kara Goucher), top triathletes, military personnel, and countless mortals too 🙂
Dr. Austin will speak to a number of topics related to triathlon fueling for training and racing including these:
- Avoiding GI distress and bonking
- Improving body composition
- Nutrition Periodization
- Why and how Dr. Austin recommends UCAN as the primary fuel in her approach
You would be hard-pressed to find anyone so in-tune with what works for the individual, backed by hard science, and with so many tips and tricks that you’ll be able to take away and try in your own training and racing.
Several Tri Clubs from NYC have been invited to attend – whichever has the most in attendance will win all the UCAN necessary to fuel a Club ride of your choice this summer. Viva 9w!
Awesome prizes will also be raffled off…including these:
- 3 people will receive a recovery package from FinishLine Physical Therapy that includes 3 minutes of Cryotherapy, 30 minutes in their Infrared Sauna, and 30 minutes in their NormaTec Compression Sleeves
- 3 people will receive 1 free class at Tailwind Endurance, an endurance sports-centered training facility 1.5 blocks from Central Park on the UWS. Tailwind Endurance offers high-quality programs suited to become a key ingredient in your training. Tailwind offers coached trainer rides, strength sessions, and group swims (the session must be used within 30 days of this event and are valid for any program other than one/one coached swims). #raceanything #trainwithfriends
- 1 person will receive a free metabolic efficiency test, a test that athletes use to measure what percentage fat and carbohydrate they are using at certain exercise intensities. Nicci Schock will administer the test with you at Finish Line PT and provide guidance and analysis based on your results.
- 1 person will receive a 30 minute phone consultation with your presenter, Dr. Krista Austin
Register through this EventBrite link to reserve your spot – space is limited!