- This event has passed.
Running for Beginners
August 18 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Tuesday, August 18th
6:30PM EST (~75-minutes)
With gyms and fitness studios closed, many have turned to running. Its accessibility makes it the perfect solution for your workout needs. Throw on some workout clothes, lace your sneakers up, and head out the door. While we love the simplicity of this sport, running is far from easy! As a beginner runner, you may find yourself asking, how far should I be running? How fast should I be going? What kind of shoes should I be wearing? How do I stay motivated?
Fear not, we have the answers!
Our Running for Beginners event is designed to help you start running safely and develop smart habits to keep you injury-free, performance prone, and feeling motivated and supported each step of the way!
Topics we will touch on include:
- Warmup/Cooldown – the importance of dynamic 3D stretching
- How to find and approach a training plan
- Pacing recommendations (how fast you should be doing your runs)
- Recovery essentials to keep you injury-free
- What you should be doing to supplement your mileage; strength training, mobility work, etc
- Running shoes and gear you need to get started
- Tips on finding motivation to run and/or keep running
- Resources to support you on your running journey!
- Q&A with our speakers – bring your questions!
OUR RUNNING EXPERTS
Michael Conlon | Finish Line Physical Therapy
- Owner of Finish Line Physical Therapy
- Physical Therapist and Fellow of Applied Functional Science through the Gray Institute
- Runner: 27 Marathons (10 NYC Marathons), over 100 half-marathons (wow)
- Head coach of NYRR’s Team for Kids since 2016
- Head coach for the Leukemia and Lymphoma’s Team in Training marathon program (2002-2016)
Kate Reese | Brooklyn Running Company
- Running Specialty Industry veteran since 2008 – currently working at Brooklyn Running Co.
- The Brooklyn Running Company is an independently owned and owner-operated running specialty business. Serving the global running community since 2013, we are located in Brooklyn’s Park Slope and Williamsburg neighborhoods.
- Cross Country Coach at Haverford College
- USATF Level 2 Certification with specialization in Distance events
Adam Francique | Adidas Runners, THE BODY PRJCT After-Miles
- Adidas Runners NYC captain
- Founder of After:Miles – redefining recovery
- Founder of THE BODY PRJCT, FREE Fitness Uptown NYC
- 7x Marathoner
**please note that after you submit your registration you will not receive a confirmation email but you ARE REGISTERED!
**the Zoom link will go out the morning of and 15-minutes prior to the start of the event