- This event has passed.
Unleash Your Inner Superwoman & Crush The Paralyzing Effects Of Stress
July 15 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Unleash Your Inner Superwoman
& Crush the Paralyzing Effects of Stress
A Virtual Workshop for Female Empowerment
with Jaz Graham & Amanda Kerpius
Wednesday, July 15th @ 7:00PM
The purpose of this workshop is to create a safe space for women to acknowledge their daily stressors and provide easy tools to address and manage that stress by unleashing their inner superwoman! This will be done through education, techniques for stress management, and movement.
We want every woman to know, you are not alone in this. You deserve to acknowledge the stress you are constantly under and the toll that can sometimes take on your body. You’re expected to be strong and nurturing when the reality is, you feel like you’re unraveling. This workshop will explore the effects of stress on the body, the importance of self-care, and checking-in with yourself through daily techniques, the essential and healing nature of nutrition, movement, and exercise, and a few breathing and yoga postures to get your body and mind re-aligned and grounded.
We Open with Education
- The effects of stress & guilt on the body
- Coping skills to handle stress as a woman
- Daily techniques for self-care and checking in with yourself
- The importance of nutrition
- The role of movement and exercise
We Ground with Mindfulness & Movement
- Grounding and opening breathwork and mediation
- Experience a root chakra-boosting and Vata pacifying vinyasa slow flow
- Yin and Restorative Yoga postures for anxiety
- Yoga Nidra (conscious relaxation used to induce physical, mental and emotional relaxation) in Savanasna
We Close with Conversation
- Life is stressful, we want to hear about it. Bring your experiences, questions, and concerns to the workshop, we are here to make space and provide support for whatever you may be dealing with.
THOSE WHO ATTEND WILL RECEIVE
- Complimentary 30-Minute Health History Consultation For Health Coaching with Jaz Graham+ 15% off the initial 6 Month package for Health Coaching
- Entry into a raffle for a 60-minute massage with Amanda Kerpius
Fitness Entrepreneur & Coach with a Focus on Empowering Women
- 2008: Fashion Executive turned Fitness Pro – Jaz opened her own fitness company, Pace For Success where she ran bootcamps and coached runners anywhere from a 5K to ultra-marathons
- 2012: Jaz opened her first Boutique Gym, Fit Factory in Chelsea NYC where she offered independent trainers a location to build their brand through 1:1 training, classes, workshops & seminars
- 2017: After 5 -successful years the Fitness Sanctuary grew to over 4200 square feet in Midtown Manhattan in the hear to Times Square
- 2019: With a shift in the fitness market Jaz knew she had to once again pivot and do some soul searching on her experience as a fitness entrepreneur for 7 years and how she could be creative, thinking outside of the box, and find a new career path…
Jaz’ Personal Journey with Fitness & Wellness
Yoga Instructor, Massage Therapist, and Director of Programming at the Foundry powered by Finish Line PT
Amanda is a Licensed Massage Therapist and Therapeutic Yoga Teacher to athletes at Finish Line Physical Therapy. At Finish Line PT’s performance space, The Foundry, she serves as the Director of Programming where she also teaches Functional Yoga Strength for Athletes (SCULPT).
Amanda started practicing yoga in 2003 and began using it as a parallel treatment to physical therapy when recovering from running-related injuries. It became an essential element of her recovery—physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
Amanda graduated Summa Cum Laude from the Swedish Institute’s massage therapy program in 2017 and shortly thereafter received her License in Massage Therapy. For three years she worked as Finish Line PT’s massage therapist and for three seasons she worked with Nike’s Project Moonshot clientele preparing athletes to race in one or multiple marathons, including the TCS New York City Marathon, a race she joyfully completed herself eight times. In 2018, she expanded her offerings to include therapeutic structural yoga sessions and co-treatment sessions with physical therapists.
Amanda is a competitive distance and marathon runner racing over 1,000 miles in over 100 road races including over 35 various half marathons and 10 marathons. And, in the Chicago Marathon 2019, Amanda achieved her first Boston Qualifying time. She is also a certified running coach with the Road Runners Club of America.
Amanda has completed nearly 750 hours of yoga training with 1,000+ hours of teaching experience that spans over eight years. First a trained dancer, Amanda practiced, performed, and choreographed dance for 26 years, lending her lifetime of body awareness a newfound credibility through a yoga form that is both rigorous and healing to the physical and emotional self. Amanda completed her first yoga certification in 2012. In 2018, she completed her 500-hour yoga therapeutics certification and is currently completing a 850-hour Yoga Therapy certification with Prema Yoga Institute.
Amanda has been teaching Power Vinyasa Yoga since 2012 and has taught at Prana Power Yoga, Tangerine Hot Power Yoga, SWEAT Yoga and currently teaches with The Foundry and Heatwise Yoga. You can also find her yoga-based strength classes and app-based yoga classes anytime and anywhere nationwide with Daily Burn 365 and with Yoga Workouts by Daily Burn.
Currently, during the COVID-19 pandemic, you can find her teaching exclusively live-stream classes. Importantly, starting June 1st, you can also find her video-on-demand content with The Connective, a teacher owned co-op designed to provide a sustainable livelihood for yoga and movement professionals, to raise industry standards as well as to improve diversity, address anti-racism and cultural appropriation.
In 2017, Amanda graduated from the Gray Institute of Functional Transformation as a Fellow of Applied Function Science (FAFS) making her a budding specialist in the world of biomechanics and movement science for athletes. She is certified in Functional Manual Reaction (FMR) helping people find functional mobility doing the activities and sports they love. With over 60 academic college credits testing her knowledge of anatomy and physiology and her application of this academic understanding to the practice of yoga, she crafts proprioceptively accurate sequences of yoga postures designed to support the biomechanics of athletes and runners in yoga classes and in individual therapeutic yoga sessions.
After a 14-year career in sales and fundraising—and inspired by the physical therapy she received as a patient at Finish Line—Amanda transitioned to a career in wellness. Before her wellness career, Amanda received her BS in Business Administration from Colorado State University in 2000 and a MS in Fundraising and Nonprofit Management at New York University in 2010.