Posted in News, Running, Team Finish Line.
Join Team Finish Line for the 2014 NYC Marathon
Relentless for a Cure. Victorious at the Finish Line.
Team Finish Line is back at it again this fall, training and fundraising for the 2014 New York City Marathon (and other fall races). Our goal is a big one: $200,000 to support the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
Since the clinic opened in 2006, we have committed to an active involvement in Team in Training to raise funds and spread the word about the work LLS is doing to help find cures and ensure access to treatments for blood cancer patients. Our patients have crossed hundreds of finish lines and raised thousands of dollars to help eradicate cancer. It’s something special to run and compete for a cause that matters and with a team that wants nothing more than to see its own finish and be successful in the journey.
Each year we run in honor of someone connected with our community. In 2012, it was Dave Wagner – a fellow friend, colleague and teammate who lost his battle to lymphoma in January 2012. In 2013, it was Sofia Vezza, Michael Conlon’s 10-year-old cousin who was diagnosed with leukemia in December 2012 and is still in treatment. This year, we will be running in honor of Vicki Mazur’s brother who was recently diagnosed with lymphoma.
If you’re thinking about running the NYC Marathon (or other races) this fall, why not join us? Team in Training has guaranteed entries plus an incredible training and support system to help you get to that famed finish line in Central Park.
If you already have an entry, would you still consider joining us? The fundraising minimum is reduced for those who already have guaranteed entry — and in addition to the benefit of running for a cause, you’d also have access to all of TNT’s programming.
Many of us will be running the New York City Marathon — but there a few other fall season events you can sign up for as an alternative:
- Hamptons Half Marathon – Sept. 27 – $1600 or $2600 fundraising commitment
- Wineglass Half & Full Marathon – Oct. 5 – $1600 or $2600 fundraising commitment
- Nike Women’s Half Marathon San Francisco – Oct. 19 – $3200 fundraising commitment
- NYC Marathon – Nov. 2 – $1500 or $3900 fundraising commitment
- TNT Your Way (used to be called Choose Your Own Adventure) – half or full marathon of your choice – $900 fundraising commitment (cannot be done online; see below for instructions on how to register)
Have questions and need more info? Email Sara at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about fundraising and how the training program is structured.
Ready to commit? Great! Welcome to Team Finish Line. The first step is to complete the TNT online registration form.
- When you enter the site:
- Click on the “Join a Corporate or Friends & Family Team” option, and enter “Finish Line” under “Team Name.”
- Enter your NYC OFFICE ZIP CODE first. If you live outside of NYC, you can still enter your home address on the page for personal information.
- To get a 50% discount on your registration fee, please use the code FALLFY15CORP for Fall Events (remember, this money goes directly towards your fundraising!).
Registering for TNT Your Way (all those doing Chicago Marathon, Philly Half or Full… these instructions are for you):
As a participant of TNT Your Way (used to be called Choose Your Own Adventure), you can still train with TNT, receive TNT apparel and fundraising assistance with a low commitment of $900. If you’re ready to join, please send the following information to email@example.com:
- Training Location (Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, or other Chapter location)
- Size of Training Shirt
- Emergency Contact/Relationship
- Emergency Contact Info