Cuyler graduated from Columbia University with his Doctorate of Physical Therapy. While there, he had the opportunity to work in the Columbia RunLab where he dissected the running form of both professional and recreational runners. Cuyler also gained experience with the Cleveland Indians baseball team, working hands-on with Major and Minor league baseball players and considers one of the biggest highlights of his PT studies to be working alongside top surgeons where he oversaw the rehab of knee and hip surgeries.
Cuyler was drawn to pursue a career in PT after being sidelined by a hip injury while playing football in high school. He had an amazing physical therapist who helped him get back on the field much sooner than he could have imagined. Cuyler has always been fascinated with human anatomy and physiology, and a career in sports PT is a way to combine his passion for science, sports, and helping others.
“I feel blessed at the opportunities I have been afforded and am excited to bring my experience to my patients, and continue to learn and grow!”
Professional Certifications & Coursework
- Fellow of Applied Functional Science from the Gray Institute (FAFS)
- Functional Golf Specialist through the Gray Institute
- Postural Restoration Coursework: Postural Respiration, Myokinematic Restoration, Pelvis Restoration
- Continued Education for Orthopedic Specialist for Runners
- Hometown: Leavenworth, WA (but born in Cape Town, South Africa)
- College: Willamette University, undergraduate degree | Columbia University, DPT
- Way to relax: Basketball with friends or playing guitar
- Favorite Book: The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- Favorite TV Show: Game of Thrones (Team Jon Snow)
- Favorite Music Artist: Logic
What I Like:
- About working at FLPT: The incredible staff who are not only great therapists but great people to be around.
- About FLPT patients: The dedication to improving their health status, and their thirst for knowledge. You really feel like patients are engaged in their rehab, and challenge you as a practitioner to deliver the best possible care.
- About running/sports: I grew up loving team sports (football and basketball in particular) for the sense of commitment to a group, and comradery of working hard for the success of an entire group. I have now come to love individual sports (tennis/squash, and golf) for allowing a competitive outlet while challenging my technical abilities.