Dave earned his undergrad from La Salle University and his Doctorate of Physical Therapy from Seton Hall University. What made him want to be a physical therapist? Dave has coached track at the high school level for the past 5 years. When he first started coaching, he noticed that most of his injured athletes would not be allowed to practice for an extended period of time, regardless of the type, duration, and cause of the injury. This led to an interest in injury prevention and rehabilitation so he could keep his athletes from missing weeks or even months of training or even outright prevent the injury itself. As the years went on, he knew this was something that he wanted to dedicate himself to!
In addition to inspiring a career in physical therapy, Dave has experienced a great deal of success in coaching middle and long-distance runners at St. Benedict’s Prep in Newark NJ. His team’s accomplishments include:
- 7 High School All-American Relays and Individuals
- 2019 fastest 800-meter high school runner in the country (1:50.57)
- 2019 National Championship in the 4×400 Relay
- Millrose Games Meet Record in the High School Boys 4×800
- 2019 Fastest times in New Jersey for the 800, 4×400, Sprint Medley and 4×800
- 2-time qualifiers for the Championship of America 4×800 at Penn Relays
While Dave has yet to complete a half or full marathon, he has completed training runs up to 22 miles and hopes to run his first half-marathon this fall. In the past, he has played competitive soccer and basketball, before fully transitioning over to track and cross-country. While his passion is running, if Dave had the choice to play any professional sport it would the NBA. Outside of athletics, Dave is a lover of travel. Some of his favorite cities include Amsterdam, Nairobi, Cairo, Barranquilla, and Stockholm. His life goals? In 20 years he would still like to be practicing physical therapy, coaching in some capacity, fluent in two languages and still happily married with kids, enjoying a life of traveling the world!
Professional Certifications & Coursework
- Fellow of Applied Functional Science from the Gray Institute (FAFS)
- Postural Restoration Institute Coursework: Pelvis Restoration
- Blood Flow Restriction Level 1: Smart Tools
- USATF Level 1 Coaching Certification
- VDotO2 Run Smart Project Certified Distance Running Coach
- Hometown: West Orange, NY
- My teams: Seton Hall Pirates, Utah Jazz, New York Giants
- Favorite genre of movies: Documentaries
- Favorite magazine: Entrepreneur Magazine
- Best way to stay active: Hiking, running with his track kids, basketball
- Way to relax: Glass of wine and a good movie
What I Like:
- About working at FLPT: This has always been my dream job. Ever since I first stepped foot into the facility 5 years ago, I always knew this is where I wanted to work. The staff here are extremely supportive, collaborative in nature, and genuinely friendly.
- About FLPT patients: I am motivated constantly on a daily basis by some of the incredible things that our patients are achieving here, whether it be on the roads, in the workplace, or in everyday life.
- Most about people: You can ALWAYS learn something from everyone, no matter what walk of life that they come from.