Emmi graduated from Tulane University where she competed all four years for the Women’s NCAA DI Track and Field and Cross Country programs and served as Team Captain senior year. She earned her Doctorate of Physical Therapy from Columbia University. Emmi joined the Finish Line PT staff in 2016.
As a Tulane Public Health major, Emmi discovered a passion for both local and global health care. Throughout undergrad and graduate school, she completed medical service trips to Kenya (even got to run with a few Kenyans while over there!), Honduras and Guatemala.
Emmi first fell in love with running in middle school when she joined her sixth-grade cross country team. In college, she ran 5K/6K for cross country and 1500m track as part of the Tulane program. She currently trains with the Dashing Whippets Running Team and serves as their Strength & Conditioning Coach and competes in many NYRR races throughout the year. She ran her first marathon in NYC in 2015 and qualified for the 2017 Boston Marathon.
Professional Certifications & Coursework
- Gray Institute:
- Certification in Applied Functional Science (CAFS)
- Fellowship in Applied Functional Science (FAFS)
- Functional Soft Tissue Transformation
- Functional Golf Specialist
- Postural Restoration Institute Coursework: Pelvis Restoration, Postural Respiration, Cervical Revolution, Impingement and Instability, Integration for Fitness and Movement
- Herman and Wallace – Pelvic Floor:
- Pelvic Floor Level 1
- Pelvic Floor Level 2
- RockTape: Functional Movement Techniques Certified Provider, Blades Certified
- North American Institute of Orthopedic Manual Therapy: Lower Extremity
- Road Runner’s Club of America: Level 1 Certified Coach
- Hometown: Baton Rouge, LA
- College: Tulane University
- My teams: New Orleans SAINTS! WHODAT!! (Also LSU Tigers, Tulane Green Wave)
- Favorite music to listen to at work: Country, Ignition Remix Pandora radio
- Best way to stay active: Running! I also love hiking, rock climbing, fishing, kayaking, swimming and water sports.
What I Like:
- About working at FLPT: I’m excited to be a part of a team that is passionate about the field of physical therapy and eager to continue learning and growing. The love our staff shows for the sport of running and for the patients we work with is contagious!
- About FLPT patients: Working with an awesome, motivated patient population. Having patients who are invested in their rehab keeps us passionate about our work!
- About running: Everything about running! I love the simplicity of the sport, that all you really need is a pair of sneakers. I love the mental clarity that I can achieve after a solid run, the exhausted-yet-exhilarated feeling that I get after a hard workout or tough race, and most importantly, the incredible and life-long friendships that I’ve gained through running.