Jason graduated from Florida State University where he was a member of the cross country and track team that won three NCAA National Championships. He earned his Doctorate of Physical Therapy from Long Island University, completing his capstone project on the differences between barefoot and shoe running, and is recognized as a Fellow of Applied Functional Science (FAFS) through the internationally acclaimed Gray Institute. He has been with Finish Line PT since 2012.
Jason is a certified USATF Level 1 running coach and a VDotO2 Run Smart Project certified distance running coach. In 2016, he was named an assistant coach with Team for Kids, a group of adult runners who raise funds to support running and fitness programs for youth nationwide. Jason currently runs with Urban Athletics, racing many times throughout the year in the New York City area. He has completed three marathons with a personal best of 2:36.
“I wanted to become a physical therapist and use my experiences as a top-level runner to help runners not only recover from injury, but also run faster and prevent injury from happening. I’ve been injured plenty of times and can really relate things to my patients that I went through physically and mentally. I love the sport with a passion.”
Professional Certifications & Coursework:
- Gray Institute:
- Certification in Applied Functional Science (CAFS)
- Fellowship in Applied Functional Science (FAFS)
- Functional Soft Tissue Transformation (FSTT)
- Functional Golf Specialist
- Lower Extremity Active Release Techniques (ART) Provider
- Postural Restoration Institute Coursework: Myokinematic Restoration, Pelvis Restoration, Postural Respiration, Cervical Revolution and Impingement and Instability
- Functional Soft Tissue Transformation Certified
- Nike NG 360 Golf Performance Specialist
- Functional Golf Specialist through the Gray Institute
- USA Track & Field Level 1 Coaching Certification
- VDotO2 Run Smart Project Certified Distance Running Coach
- Hometown: Newburgh, NY
- College: Florida State (the Seminoles, not the Gators) and Long Island University
- My teams: Knicks, Giants, Yankees, FSU, University of Michigan
- Favorite music to listen to at work: Anything, not picky about it
- Best way to stay active: Running
What I Like:
- About working at FLPT: Greatest work atmosphere!
- About FLPT patients: I love to talk to patients about training, and FLPT patients like to talk about that (thank goodness).
- About running/sports: I am a track geek! I like to watch and read about track meets – even high school track meets.