Raechel earned both her undergrad and Doctorate of Physical Therapy degrees from Daemen College. She joined the Finish Line PT staff in 2014 and is recognized as a Fellow of Applied Functional Science (FAFS) through the internationally acclaimed Gray Institute.
Much of Raechel’s graduate work focused on athletes; she did a clinical internship that concentrated on functional rehab of elite high school athletes, and her doctoral research project looked at the effects of foot strike on running economy in recreational runners. She also has a love for Italian culture; she completed a clinical internship at a facility in Tuscany, Italy, then did a presentation on the differences between the Italian and American health care systems upon returning to the U.S.
A competitive gymnast in high school, Raechel started running in college and has run the Buffalo Marathon and numerous half-marathons. She crossed the finish line of the 2015 New York City Marathon, fundraising more than $4,000 for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
- Fellow of Applied Functional Science from the Gray Institute
- Postural Restoration Institute Coursework: Myokinematic Restoration, Pelvis Restoration and Postural Respiration
- Functional Soft Tissue Transformation Certified
- The Skinny
- Hometown: Irondequoit, NY
- College: Daemen College
- My teams: Ohio State football and basketball, Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Sabres
- Favorite music to listen to at work: I’m a country fan, so Brad Paisley or Carrie Underwood
- Best way to stay active: Running
- What I Like:
- About working at FLPT: It’s such a friendly, fun atmosphere to work in. Everyone is warm and welcoming and willing to help each other out. I love that there is such an emphasis on life-long learning and always working to be a better therapist. I feel like I am really lucky to have found a place in which I get to work with such a great group of therapists and patients.
- About FLPT patients: I love their drive, determination and motivation to get better. They set such high goals for themselves, it inspires me to want to be a better therapist and runner.
- About running/sports: I have just recently taken up running. I enjoy the sense of freedom and relief from stress that running provides me. I also enjoy challenging myself and proving to myself that I am capable of anything I set my mind to. I never thought I’d be able to run a marathon, but I surprised myself!