Patient Representative, Administration
Farah joins the Finish Line PT team as part of our awesome front desk and patient representative team. When she’s not at Finish Line PT, you’ll be able to catch Farah coaching in the park with NYRR and doing her own runs on the West Side Highway or Prospect Park. Actually, you’ll be able to find her running all over NYC later this year as she takes on TGNY100!
Farah fits right in with the Finish Line PT fam as a self proclaimed running nerd. She loves all the new shoe technology and has been diving into the ultra scene recently. Farah started running in 2009 when she trained for her first half marathon with Team in Training. She later became a coach with TNT in 2014 and has since earned her RRCA certification and started coaching with NYRR. Her greatest achievement, running related of course, was qualifying for the Boston Marathon this past year at the Wineglass Marathon. It wasn’t simply the fact she trained so hard for her goal, but more that she decided to go for it in the first place. By declaring her ‘Big Aggressive Goal’ she stopped hiding behind the “maybes” and went for it! As a result, not only did she PR by 17 minutes and qualify by more than eight, she even got a high-five from Meb Keflezighi at the finish line!
- Hometown: Sea Cliff, NY
- College: Vassar College
- Best way to stay active: Running, duh! Very much a one-trick pony around here
- TV Show: 30 Rock, Parks & Rec, Broad City, and most things on Netflix
- Movie: Clueless
What I Like:
- About working at FLPT: ALL the dogs! And the people, of course – staff and patients. In all seriousness, you can tell this is a special place from the moment you walk in. It’s hard to put your finger on exactly why it feels that way, but I think it may have something to do with the fact that everyone here really cares about the patients, the space, and each other. We are all invested in ensuring this always remains a special place.
- About FLPT patients: Their commitment and dedication to becoming healthier athletes. It is really inspiring, and I love hearing about all of their amazing accomplishments.
- About running/sports: I like a lot of things about running, but one of my favorite things is that it has just empowered and fulfilled me. It has been an essential tool for me to get to know myself better and learn a lot about what I am mentally, physically, and emotionally capable of. It has given me a whole community of amazing people I feel lucky to call friends.