Jaclyn received her Doctorate of Physical Therapy from NYU. She is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) and also specializes in women’s health having studied the Herman and Wallace Pelvic Floor Level 1 course. Jackie first wanted to be a physical therapist after her own personal PT experience. When Jackie was in physical therapy for a spinal fusion she was limited and not able to participate in sports for a couple of years. The limitations made the rehab difficult and she struggled with motivation for her recovery. However, watching others around her go through their rehab really motivated and excited her to see their progress. It is what showed her she wanted to help people during the most challenging aspect of an injury, their recovery.
When Jackie isn’t at Finish Line PT, you can find her relaxing either walking her dog, Tink, a Vizela breed, around Central Park or reading a good book with a glass of wine.
Professional Certifications & Coursework
- Currently completing a fellowship in applied functional science through the Gray Institute
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- Herman and Wallace Pelvic Floor Level 1
- Hometown: Oceanside, NY
- College: Adelphi University
- Favorite Book: Harry Potter series
- Favorite TV Show: How I Met Your Mother
- Best way to stay active: Walking my dog, yoga, strength training
- Greatest Achievement: The four day hike up to Machu Picchu after volunteering at a clinic in Cusco
What I Like:
- About working at FLPT: FLPT has a motivating environment that encourages everyone to operate as one unified team that is always so willing to help each other out.
- About FLPT patients: It’s exciting to help people who are so motivated and constantly setting new goals for themselves!
- About running/sports: What I have always enjoyed about running is the internal motivation you need to have to keep pushing yourself.