Mandy completed her Doctor of Physical Therapy at Columbia University. She was inspired to go into physical therapy as an athlete for her whole life. Dance was her first love, she did 20+ years of ballet, lyrical, etc., as well as figure skating and gymnastics. Mandy started running at 13 to cross-train for her other sports. She became a PT because she wanted to use movement to help others feel better and stronger. She wanted to learn how to help her friends on her running team stop getting injured or at least how to fix it. Mandy is passionate about runners and helping the running community. FLPT is the exact patient community she set out to serve when she became a physical therapist.
- Hometown: Ridgewood, NJ
- College: Franklin & Marshall College Undergrad | Columbia University DPT
- Favorite Movie: The Matrix
- Best way to relax: Cooking, baking, spending time with friends in Central Park
- An influential person in my life and why: Dr. Brough, the director of Columbia’s RunLab, was a mentor in orthopedic practice and treatment for a running-specific population throughout my time at Columbia.
What I Like:
- About working at FLPT: I love working with so many other smart clinicians that have all different practice styles, and Finish Line has an amazing staff. I truly love coming to work every day.
- About FLPT patients: I love working with our patients because they are so motivated and passionate about their sport. It inspires me to provide them with the best treatment and client education I can offer.
- About running: Cliche to say, but I love everything about running. It’s my happy place, my problem-solving place, my space for exploring and building strength, and the connector to an incredible community of people in NYC and beyond.
- How long have you been running? 8 years
- Favorite Race: Queens 10k – it’s in my favorite borough!
- Personal Bests: 3:10 marathon, 1:23 half, 38:43 10K, 18:46 5K, 5:26 mile