Morgan received her doctoral degree in physical therapy from Rutgers University School of Health Professions. She completed her undergraduate degree in exercise science and physiology at Rutgers University, where she was captain of the club lacrosse team. She was also a running coach with Rutgers Runs Proud, a program focused on teaching inner-city elementary-aged girls about healthy lifestyles. She interned at TEST football academy, creating individualized strength and conditioning programs for college football players while they trained for the NFL combine.
Morgan has been with Finish Line PT since 2014, where she worked as an aide and with our administrative team during winter and summer breaks of college and graduate school. Morgan has completed two full marathons and over 15 half marathons, along with several other road races. Her favorite distance is the 10-miler and her favorite race is the Broad Street Run in Philly.
Morgan has been strongly influenced by her father, who grew up in Seattle with next to nothing. At age 17, he joined the Marine Corps then went on to become a diver, building underwater off the coasts of Caribbean countries. Now, he’s a happy resident of myrtle beach who plays golf 6 days a week and takes his dog Penny on daily beach trips.
Professional Certifications & Coursework
- Currently completing a fellowship in applied functional science through the Gray Institute
- Postural Restoration Institute: Myokinematic Restoration, Pelvis Restoration, Postural Restoration, Impingement and Instability, Cervical Revolution
- Functional Soft Tissue Transformation Certified
- Pelvic Guru: The Female Athlete
- Graston Technique Certified Provider
- Hometown: Monmouth County, NJ
- College: Rutgers
- My team: RU Scarlet Knights, Philadelphia Eagles, NY Yankees
- Favorite music to listen to at work: Bruce Springsteen or Jimmy Buffett Radio
- Favorite TV show: Friends and The Office
- Best way to stay active: Running, yoga, hiking with my dog Penny!
- If she could be anyone famous: Guy Fieri because he gets to make money for trying the best food all day!
What I Like:
- About working at FLPT: I love the atmosphere and feel at home when walking in the door. The drive to learn and become a better therapist is contagious. It’s inspiring to work with people who truly love what they do.
- About FLPT patients: Motivation! It’s easy to help patients who are passionate about their health and motivated to get better.
- About running/sports: Being active has been the best de-stressor during tough times and has been something I rely on regularly. I love that running allows me to get outside, explore new areas and help me tune in to myself.