Samantha completed her undergraduate education with a degree in Nutrition Science from Syracuse University and went on to receive her Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree from New York University (NYU). We welcome Samantha to the team in 2019 but she has been around since the beginning, 2006, watching Finish Line PT as we grew! Samantha has always been active, playing soccer, lacrosse and running throughout high school and finally dabbling in triathlons during her college career so becoming a PT who works with an endurance athlete population is right down her alley!
Samantha’s motivation knows no bounds, she is both an accomplished runner and coach and has always shown a dedication to FLPT clients across the running community. With over twenty half-marathons and three full marathons under her belt, Samantha ran her first (and most favorite) half in 2008 where she fundraised in memory of her father for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society with Team in Training. In memory of her father and in an effort to continue supporting the running community and raise awareness around LLS she has served as a coach with Team In Training for the past 4 seasons. Samantha coaches as a way to help other people achieve their goals, potentially during the hardest times of their lives. “Watching the fundraising amount climb as runners gain more and more mileage is the most rewarding part.”
Samantha grew up with three siblings, all girls, and considers her mom to be the most influential person in her life. “My mom took the reigns of multiple different roles in order to provide for me and my two sisters. She taught us how to make the most of every situation and to work hard for what we want. Most importantly, she taught us that as long as we have our health and our support system, we will always be amongst the lucky ones.”
- Fellow of Applied Functional Science (FAFS) from the Gray Institute
- Postural Restoration Institute Coursework: Myokinematic Restoration, Pelvis Restoration, Postural Restoration, Impingement and Instability, Fitness Integration
- Functional Soft Tissue Transformation Certified
- VDotO2 Run Smart Project Certified Distance Running Coach
- Herman and Wallace – Pelvic Floor Level 1
- Hometown: Massapequa, NY
- College: New York University
- Favorite Book: Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
- Favorite music to listen to at work: 90’s Radio
- Best way to stay active: Anything that gets me outside: Running, biking, snowboarding, rollerblading, hiking
- If you could play any professional sport: USA Women’s Soccer
- Greatest Achievement: Qualifying for my first Boston Marathon
What I Like:
- About working at FLPT: I watched Finish Line PT grow from a small room into a clinic that spans a full city block. It’s hard not to be inspired by the people, the drive of the therapists and the overall environment. There is nowhere quite like it.
- About FLPT patients: I’ve never met a community of people who love running more than FLPT patients. Their motivation is high and their dreams are big, making it that much easier to get to the finish line.
- About running/sports: I played sports my whole childhood, with a late realization that I probably should have just stuck to the running aspect of it all. Running with friends, family & teammates is my favorite thing to do because it gives me a team sport kind of feeling.
- About People: I come from a very big family so being surrounded by people is when I feel most comfortable. I love learning about different people’s stories, quirks, and what makes them who they are.